TOP READS PUBLISHING PACKAGE
Top Reads Publishing offers one package to qualified authors for the fee of $4800
Publishing Package includes:
- Manuscript evaluation and editing recommendations.
- Custom cover design.
- Custom interior design and layout.
- Proofreading of final layout for style and design consistency.
- Preparation of final files for printing in different formats including Print-on-Demand (POD) and short-run print for paperback.
- Support for acquiring short-run print books. Author pays for printing.
- Ebook formatting (some books that require extensive formatting with images, etc. will cost more).
- Optimized and consistent metadata.
- Copyright filing and Library of Congress PCN application or P-CIP data block*.
- Ongoing project management of this title for the term of this Agreement.
- Ten (10) complimentary copies of final version of the Work.
- Author may purchase additional copies of their book at cost plus 10%.
- For original art on cover or interior, a separate fee will be negotiated.
- Available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes, Google Books, and other online retailers.
- Traditional distribution to bookstores, libraries, schools, gift shops, and other retail.
- Evaluation by our distribution team for successfully being introduced into the marketplace (cover evaluation, price point, title, marketing information and more).
- One month on NetGalley for reviews.
- Support and recommendations for entering award competitions*.
- Marketing and Publicity of the Work through title display on Publisher’s website, social
media exposure on Publisher’s social media pages, collaboration with Author’s marketing agents for
6 months before and after publication.
- Complete Book Landing Page on Top Reads Website that includes links to buy, book description, author bio, metadata, and downloadable Book One Sheet.
- Design for one of the following marketing items: 4×6 postcard or bookmark. Author pays for printing. No charge for PDF.
- Royalties paid bi-annually. Author receives 60% on print books and 80% on ebooks.
- * Third party fees to be paid by Author
Custom Cover Design
Design front, back, and spine. Includes at least 3 comprehensive designs plus modifications to one design then developed to final design. Adjusted for hardcover case bound and/or dustjacket, paperback and ebook.
Interior Pages – Print
Includes 2-3 options for layout and typestyle. Layout and typesetting for interior pages includes:
- Formatting of final edited text (MS Word document preferred) to layout, up to 400 pages
- Placement of up to 20 photos and graphics (client supplied)
- 3 rounds of changes, up to 6 hours (additional changes billed hourly)
- 1 final round of minimal changes after proofreading before publication, up to 2 hours
Prepare content of final book layout for ebook formatting: Kindle (mobi), Nook and other devices (epub). There may be an extra charge for large number of photos or complex layout.
Check for minimal errors of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and consistency of style after final layout. It is required that the document submitted by Author has been thoroughly edited and proofread prior to submission. If extensive errors are found, manuscript will be returned to author to revise prior to layout formatting.
Advance Reading Copy
On request, title will be prepared for ARC version, with up to 1 hour of revisions and addition of advance blurbs added to back cover or inside pages after reviews come in.
Title Setup with Distributor
Includes title setup and optimization of the title metadata and sales information, and management of the proofing process for POD distribution to online retailers like Amazon and Ingram for bookstores, libraries and schools. Management of short run offset printing if requested. Other distribution channels may become available.
Other Services Available
Additional design work and consulting beyond what is described above is billed at $150 per hour. Consulting can be purchased in advance for $100 per hour, minimum 3 hours.
On request, traditional, short-run offset printing will be arranged and managed by publisher through our industry partners. May be required for distribution. Author pays for printing and shipping.
Author Marketing Services
Packages or individual services are available for social media, newsletters, website content, author platform, blog tours, reviews, ebook marketing, and more.
Author websites are available in several configurations and price ranges. We can help determine your needs and make recommendations to create a new website or to enhance and update your current website.
All of the above services are available if you want to self-publish your book. Ask for more information.
We recommend early planning as our calendar usually fills months in advance. Estimated time for completion of production is 4-6 months after final edited manuscript is received. Advance marketing and acquiring professional reviews is recommended and requires ARC to be available 4-6 months prior to publication date. Generally speaking, allow 8 to 12 months for the full cycle of publishing a book.
Publishing support and project direction is provided commencing on effective date of the contract once deposit has been paid. If you are not ready to publish, but would like our help to prepare we offer consulting at $150 per hour or $120 per hour if paid in advance in blocks of 3 hours or more.
1035 E. Vista Way, Suite 205, Vista, CA 92084-4213 | www.topreadspublishing.com (010119)