Top Reads Publishing is committed to ensuring that best practices are always applied to the services we provide to our community of authors. We’re passionate about producing and designing exceptional books, which is why so many of our titles receive numerous editorial and design awards and garner rave reviews.
We are currently accepting submissions. Please click below and send us a bit of information about you and your manuscript. We review every submission and will reply to all inquiries.
TOP READS PUBLISHING PACKAGES
Top Reads offers top-level Hybrid Publishing and Assisted Self-Publishing services. We help you determine which path is best for you, then we create a program that is designed specifically to your project that will includes all of the things we know are essential to creating excellent books.
Contact us to discuss which publishing path is best for you.
All Hybrid Publishing Packages include:
- Manuscript review and editing recommendations.
- Custom cover design.
- Custom interior design and layout.
- Proofreading of final manuscript before going to layout.
- Preparation of final files for printing in different formats including Print-on-Demand (POD), short-run digital, and offset printing.
- Ebook formatting.
- Optimized and consistent metadata.
- Copyright filing and Library of Congress PCN application.
- Ongoing project management for the term of this Agreement.
- Ten (10) complimentary copies of final version of the Work.
- Author may purchase additional copies of their book at cost plus 10%.
- For original art on cover or interior, a separate fee will be negotiated.
- Available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes, Google Books, and other online retailers.
- Traditional distribution to bookstores, libraries, schools, and other retail. Distributor: Independent Publishers Group (IPG).
- Evaluation by our distribution team for successfully being introduced into the marketplace (cover evaluation, price point, title, marketing information and more).
- One month on NetGalley for reviews.
- Submission to trade reviewers like PW, Booklist, Kirkus, Foreword, Library Journal, and others.
- Recommendations for entering award competitions (author pays entry fees).
- Marketing and Publicity of the Work through title display on Publisher’s website, social media exposure on Publisher’s social media pages, collaboration with Author’s marketing agents for 6 months before and after publication.
- Complete Book Landing Page on Top Reads Website that includes links to buy, book description, author bio, metadata, and downloadable Book Sell Sheet.
- Design for one of the following marketing items: 4×6 postcard or bookmark. Author pays for printing. No charge for PDF.
Custom Cover Design
Design front, back, and spine. Includes at least 3 comprehensive designs plus modifications to one design then developed to final design. Adjusted for hardcover case bound and/or dust jacket, paperback and ebook.
Interior Pages – Print
Includes 2-3 options for layout and typestyle. Layout and typesetting for interior pages includes:
- Formatting of final edited text (MS Word document preferred) to layout, up to 100,000 words
- Placement of photos and graphics (client supplied)
- Reasonable changes after proofreading before publication to ensure the book is polished to our stnadards
Prepare content of final book layout for ebook formatting. There may be an extra charge for a large number of photos or complex layout.
Check for minimal errors of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and consistency of style after final layout. It is required that the document submitted by Author has been thoroughly edited and proofread prior to submission. If extensive errors are found, manuscript will be returned to author to revise prior to layout formatting or referred to our highly qualified editorial team.
Advance Reading Copy
On request, title will be prepared for ARC version, with revisions and addition of advance blurbs added to back cover or inside pages after reviews come in.
Title Setup with Distributor
Includes title setup and optimization of the title metadata and sales information for distribution of print, ebook, and audiobooks to online retailers like Amazon, Ingram, and Audible for bookstores, libraries and schools. Management of short-run digital or offset printing is available.
We will help you manage your audiobook production with out trusted producers.
On request, traditional, short-run offset printing will be arranged and managed by publisher through our industry partners. May be required for distribution. Author pays for printing and shipping.
We recommend early planning as our calendar usually fills months in advance. Generally speaking, allow 10 to 14 months for the full cycle of publishing a book. Estimated time for completion of production is 6-8 months after final edited manuscript is received. Advance marketing and acquiring professional reviews is recommended and requires ARC to be available 4-6 months prior to publication date.
Publishing support and project direction is provided commencing on effective date of the contract once deposit has been paid. If you are not ready to publish, but would like our help to prepare we offer consulting packages. Ask for more details.
Many of the above services are available if Assisted Self-Publishing is the best path for your book. Ask for more information.
Top Reads Publishing, LLC | 760-458-9393 | email@example.com
1035 E. Vista Way, Suite 205, Vista, CA 92084-4213 | www.topreadspublishing.com (120121)